Secret results of the Brides Panel!
On June 10, 2014 We(Bridesclub) met with brides seeking insight from the perspective of the bride. We discussed relationship with vendors, expectations, sales approaches, preferences of wedding planning, priorities and much more. They let us know how we size up regarding our behavior and our marketing, here are those results:
- Vendors scored a 6.5 out of 10 on keeping their promises
- Brides related several stories on how they’ve had to fire wedding professionals for saying one thing and doing another
- Brides do not want to fill out vendor registration forms online, they find it a nuisance to have to fill out 30 of them and they are unsure of where their personal info goes
- Brides are frustrated that local wedding professionals promise to be current, but it isn’t reflected on their website. Website must be up to date and it must be mobile
- All brides stated that they have planned most of their wedding off of a mobile device
- Brides reported several fantastic stories of wedding professionals going above and beyond making them to feel comfortable while helping them to find other services they need. That added value does not go unrecognized.
- The amount of time it takes for wedding professionals to get back to them is unsatisfactory. They report that they expect to hear back within 48 hours, however many report not hearing anything for 3 or 4 days and some even take up to 2 weeks to get a quote.
- Hair and make-up seems to be most frustrating service. There are not enough of them and the ones available seem to be poor communicators
- Vendors are not keeping their social media up to date and brides are not finding the information that they want to find.
- Quality and customer service were top priority to the brides when seeking a wedding professional, price was not.
- Current top 3 priorities, in order of importance, are: Facility, food, and honeymoon
- Honeymoon destinations included Europe, Greece, London, Hawaii
- Most brides were planning unplugged weddings and even expected their guest to remain unplugged even into the reception.
We will be hosting another brides panel in Tacoma and in Honolulu shortly stay tuned for more information!