Secret results of the Brides Panel!
On June 10, 2014 We(Bridesclub) met with brides seeking insight from the perspective of the bride. We discussed relationship with vendors, expectations, sales approaches, preferences of wedding planning, priorities and much more. They let us know how we size up regarding our behavior and our marketing, here are those results:
- Vendors scored a 6.5 out of 10 on keeping their promises
- Brides related several stories on how they’ve had to fire wedding professionals for saying one thing and doing another
- Brides do not want to fill out vendor registration forms online, they find it a nuisance to have to fill out 30 of them and they are unsure of where their personal info goes
- Brides are frustrated that local wedding professionals promise to be current, but it isn’t reflected on their website. Website must be up to date and it must be mobile
- All brides stated that they have planned most of their wedding off of a mobile device
- Brides reported several fantastic stories of wedding professionals going above and beyond making them to feel comfortable while helping them to find other services they need. That added value does not go unrecognized.
- The amount of time it takes for wedding professionals to get back to them is unsatisfactory. They report that they expect to hear back within 48 hours, however many report not hearing anything for 3 or 4 days and some even take up to 2 weeks to get a quote.
- Hair and make-up seems to be most frustrating service. There are not enough of them and the ones available seem to be poor communicators
- Vendors are not keeping their social media up to date and brides are not finding the information that they want to find.
- Quality and customer service were top priority to the brides when seeking a wedding professional, price was not.
- Current top 3 priorities, in order of importance, are: Facility, food, and honeymoon
- Honeymoon destinations included Europe, Greece, London, Hawaii
- Most brides were planning unplugged weddings and even expected their guest to remain unplugged even into the reception.
We will be hosting another brides panel in Tacoma and in Honolulu shortly stay tuned for more information!
Don’t forget about our upcoming shows!
Hawaii July Bridal Expo
Tacoma Fall Wedding Expo
Everett Fall Wedding Expo
Sept. 20-21, 2014
Bellevue Wedding Expo
Oct. 4-5, 2014
When it comes to your wedding, you of course want it to be perfect. Because of this, you need to start planning as soon as possible because there are likely to be challenges that will need to be overcome. Planning a wedding takes a lot of time as well as a lot of patience. The first thing you need to decide is whether or not you want the ceremony to take place indoors or outdoors. If an outdoor wedding is possible, you should definitely opt for this choice. There are many advantages to be gained with an outdoor ceremony.
Always Have a Rain Plan You can’t control the weather, so you’ll definitely need a rain plan incase on the big day the weather doesn’t permit for your ceremony to take place outdoors.Prepare for Bugs No matter the place that you’re wanting to have your outdoor wedding, there’s a good chance that there will be flies, horseflies and other types of bugs. Because of this, you need to have your venue sprayed for bugs a good week before the ceremony is to take place. Also, setting up fans around the venue will help to keep the air flowing, which helps to keep the bugs away. Check the Electric You may want to hire an electrician to set up your electrical items, including speakers, lighting and more. You don’t want something catching on fire because their isn’t proper wattage. Make Sure There Are Bathrooms Just the same as with an indoor wedding, the guests at your outdoor wedding will need easy access to bathrooms. If there are no on-site bathrooms, you’ll have to rent porta potties. The Take Away There’s no doubt that you want to have a great wedding. To do this, make sure you consider your options, and most importantly, keep in mind the above mentioned tips. For the full article or to comment go to:www.neuwaukumgrange.com
Helpful tips to use when looking for your Dream Wedding Dress.
The Wedding Circle Wedding Dress Tips!
Set up an album and narrow down to six (6) of your most favorite styles. Be sure to show these to the bridal consultant who helps you at the bridal salon that you visit.
The first and most important thing is to BE OPEN MINDED. With so much ruching and draping on the wedding dresses, most gowns do not hang well on the hangers. So, you need to try them on. Your bridal consultant will be making suggestions on silhouettes that will look good on your figure type so, BE OPEN MINDED and try them on. Some brides do not want to deviate from their “Dream” wedding dress photos. When they try on dresses that are like their photos, they are not happy with it. This often happens because depending on your body type, the styles in your photos may be the wrong silhouette for your body type. Frustration will set in if you are not willing to try other silhouettes. Your bridal consultant can help you with this. Call us at 808-592-8888 for an appointment and I will be happy to work with you to find your “Dream” wedding dress!
Setting a budget for your wedding dress is important. You do not want to fall in love with a wedding dress that is far beyond what you can afford. It just makes sense to set an amount for the wedding dress and for alterations.
If you have a budget of $500, minus the alterations which could be between $80 to $250 (ballgowns and laces may run up to $350), then you would be looking for a wedding dress that costs $250 to $420 depending on the alterations. Most clearance wedding dresses are between $199 to $599. Most informal wedding gowns with no trains are under $500. When you go to a bridal shop and work with a bridal consultant, be sure to let her know what your budget is. This will help her pick the right type of wedding dresses for you which fits into your budget.
As a rule of thumb, the more details and beadwork on a wedding dress, the higher the price. Swarovski crystals will also raise the price of a wedding dress. The simpler the wedding dress, the less expensive it is. Please email or call me with any questions or concerns. Have FUN planning your wedding…till next time. 808-592-8888 or email@example.com